• Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
sunshine & unicorns: a blog about love, learning, and life in the upper midwest

26 March 2008

choices

I've never had a dSLR before, nor have I spent a significant amount of time shooting with one. I've been thinking of getting one -- specifically the Pentax K200D or the K10D -- but it's a lot of money to spend on something when I'm not sure how to use it or how much I would. So I've requested some time with one of Bf's two dSLRs. It's an Olympus E-500 -- very sexy. He's only got a couple of lenses right now, but we're looking at getting more. I figure it's cost effective, because he has an E-510 also and he'll need the same lenses for that. And in the meantime, I get to figure out what I like and dislike about the E-500, therefore gaining some decision-making fodder for when I do get something else. One thing I know it lacks is image stabilization, something that the K200D and the K10D both have (as does my S3 IS, and his R7). My hope here is that I will be able to answer the million dollar question: am I capable of dSLR'ing? Or will I crash and burn without my in-camera 12x optical zoom and super-macro?