• Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
sunshine & unicorns: a blog about love, learning, and life in the upper midwest

29 May 2008

and it hits the fan

99% of everything has been moved. It was done on Saturday. On Sunday, while innocently stacking dishes on the shelves, I got sick. As in, Have- you- met- my- best- friend- the- toilet- sick. And stayed that way until Monday afternoon, when the probably dehydration- and meal-skipping- and stress- and exhaustion-induced migraine hit. Fabulous long weekend (and additional Tuesday-sick-day). Especially fabulous for someone who THRIVES on organization, flat on her back on the couch (or in the bathroom) in a sea of boxes and bags and misplaced partially-dissembled furnishings.

And still, so many things to do. So much unpacking. I wanted to have it done by now. That's just how I roll. So many other little things. Haircuts. Old-apartment cleanup. Move-out inspections. Minor pre-vacation shopping. Packing for said vacation. Phone calls to make.

And a class. I'm taking a class - we both are - and it has assignments. The class ends before the vacation. Said assignments? They need to get done.

And I have this cat. This cat is living at the old apartment. I feel bad, I try to visit often. She is going to live with my mom. Apartment no longer allows cats. New apartment doesn't. No decent apartment does. Have old apartment till 10th. Cat can't go to mom till 4 days later. It's a huge shit storm of a situation and I am seriously considering writing an editorial to our local newspaper about it. When I get a free moment, which will be when???

This is a photo blog. I might make it more than that, but we'll see. Not many photos lately, at least no edited/resized/uploaded ones. I haven't seriously sat down and sorted photos since February at least. I have thousands in backlog. With a vacation coming up and certainly more pictures to take, and my very organizational-based attitude, plus my love of having photos in albums, printed and organized... this grates on me like you wouldn't believe.

Stressed? me? Meh. I'm just trying to have a "relaxing" summer before I start school again. (Why did I think it was a good idea to start school again? WTF?)