• Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
sunshine & unicorns: a blog about love, learning, and life in the upper midwest

29 August 2008

no, i'm not busy...

Someday soon, I hope to resume posting photos on this blog. For now though, here's the down-low.

School has started. I've got 3 classes, BF has 5. Thankfully none of mine are very intensive... in fact the stats class is pretty much a joke. (I may have an unfair advantage over many of my classmates however, having taken almost 3 years of 'actual' math in college - whereas this is what I like to think of as 'touchy-feely research math for educators who hate math'.) Bf's classes, at least most of them, don't sound too bad either. (He, by the way, is taking a lot of the 'actual' math; we laugh together about the absurdity that is my class.) We do however, both work full time. This means, in short, that even though all of our classes may not be the hardest of the hard, we are quite busy.

Additionally, I am pursuing a new job opportunity. It's with the same company I work with now, but in a different department. I nailed the interview (in fact, one of the main people I would be working with told me they all thought I'd be perfect). Then, it was just a money thing. I said I wanted $[lots] and they offered $[barely more than I make now]. The salary range was such that with my skillz, I wanted more than the entry level compensation listed on their ad. (It did say, $[money]+, after all. You better believe I saw the +.) So I stood my ground, and they offered $[not what I asked for but significantly more than I make now]. And that's where I stand right now. It's a great job with great people, and I am excited to work there. That said, I'll be sad to leave my current position. It has its drawbacks but I work with great people (including Bf and another friend). The friend may benefit from my move too, however: he has his sights set on my office. :)

And to complete the trifecta of busy: Bf and I are going to Montana next week to celebrate the wedding of some good friends. It should be fun times: I'm looking forward to introducing Bf to my college friends, who mostly live on the west coast. And of course I am looking forward to celebrating my friends' nuptials at what will be a gorgeously planned wedding in a breathtaking location. Visiting this wedding also involves a 15 hour road trip, and I love me some road tripping.

As for labor day weekend, not too much planned. Probably a movie or two, some homework, and (for myself at least), the arranging and hanging of picture frames (finally - more on that later).