• Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
sunshine & unicorns: a blog about love, learning, and life in the upper midwest

19 January 2009

living is easy with eyes closed

If you've been following my twitterings* (I know they're called 'tweets' but I like 'twitterings' better) you'd see that I've been busy with lots of things. Laundry, cleaning, reading, writing, working. I suffered a blow earlier this week when I lost funding for my spring classes due to no fault of my own, just a change in policy. It was infuriating to receive the letter and even more infuriating that my protests fell on deaf (or helpless) ears... don't particularly enjoy unexpectedly being told to pay out thousands of dollars. But, what happens happens and money is only money.

The first week of school was as it should be: followed by a 3-day weekend.

In addition to homework, Bf and I also spent the weekend partaking in the delicious Chinese buffet in our hometown (under the guise of helping his grandmother with her computer). While he performed updates and configured plug-ins, she showed me 50+ years of scattered family history in her photo albums. This inspired me to work on my own photo albums: a hobby I did/do enjoy, but one that's been lying dormant for a good year and a half while life happened. As the long weekend comes to a close, I've made a serious dent in them, and that feels like progress to me.

We also went to Valkyrie today with a friend. It was good enough, for a movie whose ending everyone knew before we stepped in to the theater. [I don't go to the theatre for the movies anyway, I go for the popcorn.] We also watched the first season of Lost this weekend. I've seen the first two, but Bf hasn't. He's got some back-story to learn before I can resume my Lost addiction (I'm behind. Like I said, life happens.)

I have to sort some more photos now, then fold the towels, the last of basically a month's worth of laundry that got backed up due to the holidays and our being out of state for a week or so, before I make us some curry. Then, on to Season 2!

*I have a twitter now. I put it in the sidebar on this blog.