• Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
sunshine & unicorns: a blog about love, learning, and life in the upper midwest

22 March 2009

shiny things and love

Not only do you get the proposal story, but the ring pix too! (Go ahead, scroll down and look... I'll wait.)

Back? Ok. Where were we?

Oh yes. Bf had some help in picking out my ring. (By that, I mean we picked it out together.) We had a specific jeweler we wanted to work with and they were able to give him exactly what we wanted. They found a gorgeous center stone and the perfect setting to match. But was I allowed to have it right away? Oh no.

Since I played a major part in picking out the ring, I totally knew it was coming. Bf and I talked about what we'd do with the ring when it was ready. We realized that it wouldn't be a very romantic story if we went down to the store, bought it together and walked out with that pretty thing on my hand. Though we'd made the marriage decision together, he wanted to do the proposal alone. This drove me NUTS, but I agreed to it. (I don't think I had a choice.) Part of me really DID want a romantic surprise proposal. Nothing fancy, but romantic just the same.

Unfortunately, I did find out when it came in, and that drove me even more nuts. I may or may not have gotten a wee bit too pushy. (Ok - I was bad, but I couldn't help it! I wanted to be engaaaaaaaged!) Thankfully, he did not make me wait too long. Barely two days after it came in, he proposed!

I was studying on Saturday afternoon when Bf went in to our bedroom. We have a bathroom off of our bedroom, so I didn't think much of it. When he came out, he was standing off to the side of me. I could see him out of the corner of my eye (he was sort of hovering). I didn't look at him, and in fact I think I said "What do you want" a couple of times. (Aren't I sweet?)

Then he got down on his knee next to my chair. I saw that he was all dressed up with a tie on, and I knew this was it. He said all kinds of sweet lovlies about me and us. I can't remember most of it because I was too busy rocking my ugly-cry face. In the end, I said yes of course! I'm so excited that I get to be his wife. And aside from the best-ever husband-to-be... lookie what else I got!

Antique Ring Box

Antique Ring Box

Antique ring box

Antique Ring Box