• Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
sunshine & unicorns: a blog about love, learning, and life in the upper midwest

09 April 2009

what day is it?

There is a lot of stuff going on in our lives right now.

School is getting to the point where we're both having to put in a lot of work on class projects, most of which will be due in late April or early May. Then there's work. Work work. I'm going to be out of town for work two Fridays in a row coming up. Fun stuff. Generally, school and work do monopolize the bulk of our time and energy.

The issue with this is that two other things are sucking the bulk of my time, energy, and interest (not to mention money): buying our first house, and getting married.

So: we're full time employees, we're full time students, we're buying our first house, and we're planning to get married in the fall. While I'm trying to take it all in stride and trying not to split hairs over details, it's still turning me in to a pretty major stress-ball.


(source)


I wonder why I'm having so much trouble sleeping. When I'm not thinking about closing costs, window treatments and bidding wars, I'm musing about hairstyles, wedding bands and venues. And lawn mowers, and marriage licenses, and home inspections, and -- you get the point. All the time feeling guilty that I'm not putting forth more effort in my classes or taking on additional projects at work.

My birthday is next week, and I completely forgot about it until last week. I know that "this too shall pass", but MAN am I tired! Does anyone else out there feel like they're bursting at the seams this spring?!