• Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
sunshine & unicorns: a blog about love, learning, and life in the upper midwest

21 August 2009

culture shock

from winter

Here's something I find humorous (but also a little jealousy-inducing) about blogging for the wedding website. The readers are nationally and internationally located, and whenever I write a post regarding my struggle to find a decent [insert wedding-related item here], I get comments like:

"Why don't you just pick one up at Trader Joes?"
"Paper source has tons of those - run over there and grab one!"
"I highly recommend Costco for your ______."
"Nordstrom has the best in-store selection of ______."

Though I do give my city/state in my profile for the site... The readers must not realize that I live in America's geographical equivalent of a van down by the river.