• Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
sunshine & unicorns: a blog about love, learning, and life in the upper midwest

23 August 2009

wedding odds and ends

So, Bf and I got a marriage license the other day. It was very uneventful: we gave the gal our information, she asked us if we were related (No.), she printed a form, we signed it, we forked over $65 cash, and bam. Licensed to wed.

I think I've mentioned before that Bf's parents are going to throw a picnic party for us a few days after the wedding. This is basically because we didn't have a "real" wedding (and there's no reception). So instead of a reception in the traditional sense, there'll be a Saturday night barbecue with family and neighbors and old friends. Should be a blast. Bf and I spent several days feverishly designing, assembling, stuffing, and then finally mailing the save-the-date cards for this event, followed by the invitations themselves. Now that those are sent, I still have to think about the announcements we're sending to far away friends and family. I'll show you all of the paper products (eventually).

The wedding's getting so close now! Things are getting real. Bf's wedding ring (which we custom-designed) will be done soon. My parents are going to arriving soon (which means, hello!, we need to clean!!). I'm going to have to change my name (and do all the paperwork that comes along with that) soon. Heck, I need a new Gmail address! And I still need to do lots of pretty important wedding things (like getting my dress steamed, and learning to wrap a bouquet, and getting a haircut) before the big day.

Did I mention that school starts in 2 days? It's also busy-season at work. Good times.