• Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
sunshine & unicorns: a blog about love, learning, and life in the upper midwest

01 September 2009

blogging on the bright side: a project

M over at Not Quite Betty Crocker had a great challenge she calls Blogging on the Bright Side. The idea is that for the month of September, she (and anyone else who chooses to join her) is going to blog about positive things, not negative. I think it's a great idea. I started it out pretty badly with my last post. (While it's not technically negative, it's not exactly brimming with happiness either. The flower evened it out though, right?)

Today's cheerful topic is: the aftermath of my bridal shower.

Yes, I had a bridal shower. It was really awesome, and just kept getting more awesome as it morphed from girl-time to family-party status. I got home at about midnight with a carload of gifts from very generous women.

Bf and his friend unloaded the car for me and brought it all inside. What a mess! And then the next day, Bf put it all away. Towels in the linen closet, kitchen tools in their appropriate drawers or cupboards, cookbooks on the shelf. He even picked the sticker off of every glass we received, loaded them in to the dishwasher and washed them. He folded up all of the gift bags and tissue papers so that we can reuse them in the future. He's a good guy.

Did I mention that he also took my wedding dress to the cleaners' to have it steamed? :-)