• Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
sunshine & unicorns: a blog about love, learning, and life in the upper midwest

24 September 2009

stress fracture

I found out that my engagement ring has what they're calling "stress fractures". Several of them. They've never seen anything like that on a similar ring from this design company.

They're worried that there might be such stress damage in the prongs that hold in the diamonds - not just on the band where we can see 'em. So they are going to send it back to the company so the company can see it, and it will probably be re-cast.

I have a lot of stress right now too. Can someone send me out of town for two weeks to be re-made?

(The "bright side" here is that my ring will be like brand new when it comes back. The sucky side is that I'm without it for a long time until then.)