• Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
sunshine & unicorns: a blog about love, learning, and life in the upper midwest

21 October 2009

post-wedding lethargy

I used to get so annoyed when blogging bride would get married and then go months without mentioning the wedding. I swore it wouldn't be me. But now I've got a folder full of wedding pix and a gaggle of posts-in-draft for that other site I blog for, and I have no motivation.

Wait, that's not true. I do have motivation: I feel I owe it to the readers who've been following my wedding planning process on that site. But aside from that, I really have very little interest in showing everyone our wedding.

It's not that I'm not excited about it, that it wasn't an awesome day, or that the photos aren't any good (they are awesome!). It's just... I don't know. Life moves on, and life is busy. And these "recaps" (as we call them) are a hell of a lot of work.

One thing that's keeping me on track to finish my wordy, multi-part, split-in-to-ten+ parts wedding-site recaps? The promise (to myself) that I get to compile just one or two photo-heavy-and-awesome posts for this blog. Those will be *my* kind of recaps.