• Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
sunshine & unicorns: a blog about love, learning, and life in the upper midwest

19 October 2009

so 2000 and late

I bought a pair of 'skinny jeans' over the weekend.

I refuse to wear them with flats, That's too reminiscent of the jeans all of our moms wore in the 80s. No sir, these are only wearing in winter with my many pairs of sexay boots. I got tired of folding my normal jeans around my ankles and awkwardly stuffing them back in to my boots every time I stood up. Figured I better cash in on this oddball mom-jeans throwback before it goes out of style.

And speaking of mom-jeans, I had to buy my skinny jeans in the "Modern Woman" section of the store, because apparently other types of women who wear this type of jean (not modern ones obviously!) don't have asses or thighs, or their asses are somehow the same width as their waists. Or something. (Actual tag description I saw while shopping: "Too SuperLow" Rise. That's a marketable positive thing now?)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go back to yelling at the damn kids to get off my lawn. And soaking my dentures. And have any of you seen my cane?