• Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
sunshine & unicorns: a blog about love, learning, and life in the upper midwest

02 October 2009

stuff I don't like

Happy October! Since September was supposed to be a month of Blogging on the Bright Side, it's back to bitching, moaning, and crybabying! (I'm half-kidding. Sort of.)

I thought I'd get back in to my groove by telling you about some stuff I don't like.

1. Things with touch-screens. Do Not Want. Cell phones. iPods. Tablet PCs. I may be old school, but I like buttons. I do have a practical reason for this: I have very cold, dry hands. Even though touch screen technology is forever improving, it's still no match for my zombie-like flesh, and I get very irritated when my electronics do not respond to me. Also, I wear mittens 5 months of the year out of necessity.

2. Most long A-line wedding dresses. They all look the same to me. I don't care if the bride paid $300 or $10,000 bucks for it. If it's floor length, and A-line, and has puffy tulle underneath, I don't like the dress. It looks like a chinsy white prom dress to me. The beading doesn't help its cause, nor do any pickups or fancy gathers in the fabric. So unoriginal and reeking of "an 8-year-old's vision of a perfect wedding dress". Obviously it's whether the bride likes it that matters. I don't mean to be a bitch. Sorry though, I'm not a fan. If I'd had a big wedding, I'd have worn something form-fitting and trumpet-shaped, and made of beautiful lace. People would have be like: "that doesn't look like a wedding dress should!" and I'd have been like: "suck it".

3. Cat hair. It's the only reason we still don't have a cat. I miss having cats and I'd love to have one. I don't mind that they poop in a box, or that they eat food that smells like week-old used diapers left in the hot sun. But I hate their goddamn hair (who likes it though, really?). I see and hear about people's relationships with their sweet wonderful companion cats and think "and you have to lint-roll your work-pants every morning," and "when you bake, there is cat hair in your cupcakes". I do want a cat though. So we'll see.

4. Conversational taboos. I hate it when there is stuff you're not supposed to talk about. Like when close friends ask me to keep secrets from each other. Or when there's some kind of big deal happening in my life, and I can't talk about it to other people and/or write about it because it's sensitive business and not my right to share it. (What was that about all the cryptic posts on this blog lately? heh.) I guess this is what's called 'trust' and 'responsibility' and 'judgment' and 'restraint'. Sometimes I really hate that stuff.

5. Eggs. Eggs are for baking cakes and cookies, not eating. They smell like sulphur farts and don't taste any better.