• Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
sunshine & unicorns: a blog about love, learning, and life in the upper midwest

01 December 2009

the camera loves him

I'm loving this. Pink Hubby takes the photos, and then I just go right ahead and blog about them as if they were my own. We (mostly he) have been doing a lot of random shooting with our new gear: two flashes and an umbrella + stand.



If you're wondering, here's what the setup looks like for that kind of shot. There's a flash attached to the stand, firing through the umbrella. There is also a flash on the camera, but that's on the lowest setting and is used mostly to trigger the other flash (it's light-sensitive).

setup

The result is a lot more attractive than it would have been if the flash had been shot straight at us.



I'm surprised I don't see more animal portraits in forums and groups dedicated to off-camera lighting. When we're testing techniques and need a subject, the little furball is our best bet.

grab

he's a model, you know what i mean

I think he looks super-creepy here:



That's better.





Cute, huh?