• Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
sunshine & unicorns: a blog about love, learning, and life in the upper midwest

09 December 2009

just a blog

A lot of newly married ladies I know have started what are called 'newlywed blogs' or 'married blogs'. I started to wonder what the concept is for this type of blog. What is the subject matter? Do you write about stuff having to do with you two as a couple? Is my blog a 'married blog'? I guess it technically could be, since I'm married and all. A 'newlywed blog' too, since I just got married (3 months ago, today).

But I had it before I got married too. It wasn't an 'engaged blog' then... or was it? It was kind of a 'wedding planning' blog, but not really, since I also write/wrote about other stuff like photography (is it a 'photo blog'?) and home improvements/home ownership (is it a 'nesting/house/decorating' blog?).

Trent over at the Simple Dollar has written a few posts about blogging, and one of the big things he says draws readers in is some consistent subject matter. He writes about budgets and money, for example. I don't really have consistent subject matter. Should I? Naw, I think my blog is a 'Just A Blog' blog.

What kind of blog do you have?