• Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
sunshine & unicorns: a blog about love, learning, and life in the upper midwest

23 February 2010

grass is always greener

Rusty wouldn't cooperate and let us take a video of him assaulting the laundry chute, so no T.T. this week. Hopefully next week.

Here's something I'm pondering. Any skinny-minnies out there? I bought two swim coverups at Target yesterday, at full price, for our honeymoon (which I promise to blog about soon - we decided!). I know I'll see the cover-ups on the clearance rack in 3 months, but here's the thing. Even yesterday, in late February, there was only one "Large" size left on the rack in the color I wanted. And in the other style, all of the larges were gone (but luckily, 'Medium' (of which there were only 2 remaining) fit me in this style).

I also browsed the current clearance racks (like I usually do) and found about 400 small and extra-small shirts, but slim pickings in anything bigger (until you get up to XXL, in which case there are generally a few of those but usually they are styles that a person who wears that size might not find flattering).

So I guess I got to wondering: is it easier to shop when you're little? I have never, ever been smaller than a size 8/9, or Medium/Large (XL for many brands). It seems like the stores order like ten thousand of those sizes, but only four larges. Is it awesome to be a smaller shopper?

[And I don't want to hear how it's hard to be petite because pants and skirts are too long. Shopping for bottoms (and dresses) is awful for tall girls because much of the time -- even if the size fits me -- it's too short, and there is usually not enough fabric to take them down. So shut yo' mouth and go hem up your pants, shortie. :-D]