• Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
sunshine & unicorns: a blog about love, learning, and life in the upper midwest

03 April 2010

you're a headless woman, you're a hurricane

At this point in the semester (the 11th week), I am working on 4 separate and very large projects for my various classes.

This would only be a minor big deal if I hadn't gone out of town for spring break (and did no homework whatsoever during that time). And I *also* went out of town last week, Monday thru Friday - got home after 2 this morning. I was at a conference for work, which was great, except that when I booked it I didn't realize that I'd be at it during what would have been a holiday from work [Good Friday]. So I had to work on a holiday and I don't get to make it up with a day off later because that's not how Human Resources works here. Woohoo. And I was up super late last night due to the flight, so any intelligent thought processes that occur today will be pretty much coincidental. And tomorrow is Easter, so several hours of it is going to be spent with family. We were supposed to host Easter at our house, but I pretty much had to say I couldn't do it. I just couldn't lose the WHOLE Sunday.

Monday means back to work, and Tuesday is when the due-dates start rolling in. Woohoo. JFKM.

I am also in the middle of having [what was] an ill-fitting bridesmaid dress altered to a more acceptable fit. The wedding is in May, and so is the bachelorette party (which I am planning).

Did I mention that our school's summer semester starts two days after spring finals ends? No break from school for us until July (but oh, what a break it'll be!).

Good news is, I'm losing weight (from stress and forgetting to eat, I assume). So I'll be bikini-ready (and bridesmaid dress-ready)!