• Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
  • Sunshine and Unicorns
sunshine & unicorns: a blog about love, learning, and life in the upper midwest

21 May 2010

i'm wiped

Absolutely exhausted.

I'm going to a bachelorette party tonight. It's not even 5:00 yet and I'm ready for bed. (That's good, right?)

A month ago, Pink Hubby and I started swimming in the mornings. We get up at 5:40, drive to the pool, lap-swim until 6:35 or 6:40, then go home and get ready for work. We do this on every weekday. As a result, we naturally wake up at 6:30 or 7:00 on the WEEKENDS now. Our sleep schedules have been altered. (It's actually really nice to get up early on the weekend though. You get SO MUCH MORE done.)

Even though we're in bed by 10 or 10:30 each night, we are both just completely wiped. I eat breakfast and drink a 16 oz cup of coffee each morning, and when I'm through with all that I feel about how I used to feel when my alarm went off at 6:45. Groggy.

I remain groggy for most of the day. Doesn't matter if I gulp Diet Dr. Pepper all afternoon. I feel like at any given moment, I could simply put my head down on my desk and take a nap. Today, I bought a 16 oz triple Americano after lunch. Didn't help.

Pink Hubby has similar complaints. Even if he chugs caffeinated beverages all day long, he does not feel energetic.

Why are we so tired? Isn't exercise -- especially in the mornings -- supposed to invigorate a person? We're sleeping 7+ hours a night, which we were doing before, too (we were going to bed a little later). I expected to be tired the first week, as we waited for our bodies to adjust to the new schedule. But it's been a month, people.

At least we're getting in to shape, right? *Yawn*

I don't go to bars, so I don't know: which are the cocktails and shots that are made with energy drinks in them? Those are the ones I need tonight.